Readjusting to your kids’ school schedule while maintaining your own work balance can be a chaotic feat for both you and your children. Because of this, ensuring that your family is eating fresh and nutritious meals is all the more important. While weekends will feel that much more relaxing, you will need quick and easy recipes during the week to accommodate all of your children’s school schedule, sports practices, and homework load.
Don’t panic! We’ve gathered 24 amazing back-to-school recipes that will suit your kids, save you time, accommodate your budget, and benefit your health. Whether it’s a big breakfast you’re looking for, a kid-friendly recipe, or an easy-to-make gourmet dinner dish, these 24 recipes will get you through these transitional months.
Big Hearty Breakfast Recipes
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you’ll definitely want a hearty breakfast that is still easy to whip up. And in case you’re itching for a nice homemade weekend brunch, we’ve some perfect recipes for that as well for you and your family.
- Farmer’s Family Omelette
- Mediterranean Lover’s Scramble
- Sweet Apple Oat Crunch
- Cinnamon Sugar Greek Yogurt Muffin
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Almond Milk Smoothie
- Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oats
- Baked Blueberry Banana Chia Seed Oatmeal
- Mash Yams with Caramelized Onions (Vegan)
Healthy Kid-Friendly Recipes
The sudden change of rhythm can be equally stressful for your kids, which is why it’s essential for them to be consistently eating nutritious foods. And just because kids can be the pickiest eaters doesn’t mean that it has to be difficult for them to enjoy their food! These healthy, kid-friendly recipes will make sure your kids are the first to wait anxiously at the dining table.
- Eggplant and Zucchini Sticks (Gluten Free)
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (Vegan)
- Garlic and Herb-Stuffed Roasted Vegetables
- Healthy Grilled Salmon Tacos
- Grilled Halibut and Mango Tortillas
- Broccoli Mashed Potatoes
- Spinach Cheddar Bake
- Chicken Feta Portobello Wraps
Easy-to-Make Gourmet Dinners
Ever feel like you don’t have enough time or the confidence to make gourmet dinners? We all do! Here are some amazing easy-to-make and beautiful dishes that you and your family will love!
- Apple Braised Pork Chops
- Mediterranean Feta Spaghetti Squash
- Hearty Veggie Enchiladas (Vegan)
- Coconut Green Pea Risotto
- Seared Scallops with Mango Lime Coulis
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Salmon with Strawberry Salsa
- Coconut Curry over Quinoa (Vegan)
Do you have any time-savings tips to get through a busy schedule? Share with us your ultimate back-to-school recipes!