I’m terrible at cooking.
I’m good at making food- but I hate measuring things, I hate reading recipes, I hate paying attention and remembering what I’m doing.
I’ve been cooking vegan for my stupid boyfriend for six years, so despite barely being able to chop carrots without including some not-so-vegan-human-finger in the dish, I have learned how to make things taste really good. Especially considering I am not a vegan myself. *RECORD SCRATCH*
Here’s the un-recipe I sorta followed to make this quick and dirty vegan M&C. If you’re having trouble visualizing, there’s also some GIF companions.
Optional add-on ideas I used:
Spices and herbs and such
Veggie bacon if ya nasty
You could also add:
Veggie sausage/hot dogs/beef
YOU GET THE IDEA
Not so optional:
Macaroni Noodles (duh)
Milk alternative (un-sweetened)
Mustard (powdered, or not)
Nutritional Yeast AKA Nooch
I’ll try to keep this simple!
1. Set your oven now! Maybe 450º ish …is that celsius? I don’t know. Don’t burn down the house. Boil some water, too.
2. Chop your vegetables.
3. In a pan, on medium-low, add vegan butter, onions & garlic, herbs (fancy!) then the rest of your veg, veggie-bacon, whatever else you’re adding.
4. Cook that veg til it’s soft but not done. Then add a bit of milk alternative. I added enough to fill the bottom of the pan, then worked my way up until I had enough for my macaroni. JUST FEEL IT OUT, YOU GOT THIS. Not dry, not soup. More on this in a second!
5. Put your macaroni in that pot of water that’s hopefully boiling by now. I just eyeballed the amount— I used almost a whole bag. Don’t forget about it!
6. OKAY. Now the milk is hot, add some Daiya to the veg mix, and stir, add a bit more milk, a bit more Daiya, stirring and adjusting until you have a good amount, and a good saucy texture. Follow your heart.
7. Add a splash of mustard & a couple spoons of nutritional yeast. All recipes online require this, not sure what happens without mustard BUT I DON’T WANT TO FIND OUT. You basically have the sauce now!
8. Strain the macaroni. Put it in an oven safe dish. MIX IN THE SAUCE. Oh man you’re close!
9. Add on top: some more Daiya, nutritional yeast, and bread crumbs! MMM. Stick the dish in the ov.
10. Wait like 10 min? Don’t burn your sweet mac and cheese baby. Take it out. Turn off all your burners and ovens. YA DONE.
This was easy AF. My boyfriend stood over the stove, scarfing it into his beak like a NEANDRATHAL. It was disgusting to watch but delicious to eat. Like. Comment. SHARE.
Bye for now.
CLICK HERE TO ADD THE INGREDIENTS TO YOUR CART