The big day’s coming up and we’re pretty sure you got everything covered. Turkey? Check. Stuffing? Check. Sides? Come on. Check! Booze? BOOZE! Thanksgiving is a family event, of course, but the adults need to have some fun too. While you have the standard wines, beer, and other liquor around, it can be fun to get a little creative while sticking with the holiday theme.
Well, we got a little something for you. After some experimenting of our own, we figured out what the perfect Thanksgiving drink is: an apple & cranberry sangria. It’s flavourful, unique, and, most importantly, it gets the job done (quite well actually…). You’ll want to make this the night before so all the fruits bathe in and soak up all the goodness.[phone]
- 2 bottles of red wine (cheap and sweet is the way to go)
- 1 cup of bourbon
- ¼ cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 cup cranberries, washed
- 1 cup apples, diced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- Optional: rosemary sprigs for garnish
- In a large bowl (the only bowl you’ll need), toss in the orange slices and brown sugar then muddle away. If you don’t have a muddle, use the back of the spoon.
- It’s time to get boozy! Pour in both bottles of wine (preferably at once while you feel like the champion that you are), bourbon, cranberry juice, orange liqueur, cranberries, cinnamon, and apples into the bowl and stir well. Place the mix into the refrigerator for at least one hour, but if you make it the night before, leave it in there overnight.
- Add club soda and serve!
What kind of holiday concoctions are you planning on whipping up this holiday season? Share your favourite drinks with us! Tag us on Instagram to be featured.