Servings: 8 (unless you’re really hungry…)
- 2 ½ cups uncooked rolled or steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup milk (dairy or nut)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ripe banana, cut into pieces
- 4 pitted dates, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten (replace with 1Tbsp of chia seeds if vegan)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Blend all wet ingredients (includes fruit) until smooth.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well.
Bake for 35 minutes. Mixture should be firm.
Can be frozen if not eaten all at once. Pre cut into desired serving sizes before freezing.
Add whatever fruit you have lying around the kitchen for extra flavour or for variety. Use cranberries, blueberries, apples, nuts or coconut flakes! You’re the boss of your kitchen :)