Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 4 6 -ounce center-cut salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat the broiler. Toss the carrots with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl, then spread out on one side of the pan. Broil for 2 – 3 minutes, until the carrots begin to soften.
Meanwhile, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, the honey, mustard and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a small bowl. Brush the tops and sides of the salmon with the glaze. Put the salmon, skin-side down, on the other side of the broiler pan next to the carrots and season with salt and pepper. Broil until the salmon is golden brown and just cooked through and the carrots are crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon each olive oil and lime juice, the coriander, cumin, cinnamon, mint and almonds in a bowl. Add the carrots and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve the salmon with the carrots and lime wedges.
Get creative with this recipe: Use a mix of seasonal veggies if you’ve had enough of carrots or make a fresh salad instead. If you’re feeling really adventurous, make veggies AND a salad!