Karmen is competitive triathlete who had the honour to represent Canada at the World Triathlon Championships in Edmonton in 2014 for both Sprint and Olympic Distance Triathlon. She is again representing Canada at the World Triathlon Championships for Long Distance Triathlon in Motola, Sweden in June of 2015, and for Olympic Distance Triathlon in Chicago, USA in September of 2015.
What’s your favourite indulgence? Dark chocolate.
What are the top five items you look for when you grocery shop? Local, organic, fresh, good quality, good value.
What are some of your staple snacks/meals?
- Steel cut oats with milk and a touch of brown sugar
- Greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds or berries
- Chocolate milk and banana (pre/post workout)
- Pork chops with beets, rutabaga and asparagus
- Street tacos with ground meat, cilantro, tomatoes, and avocado
Who is in your household that you buy groceries for?Me and my spouse.
What other causes/events do you support?Ride for MS, Food for the Hungry, Amor Ministries, Pride Calgary.