This recipe is a classic example of a waste-not-want-not in the kitchen mentality. When your bananas are overripe, and looking a bit down on their luck, just peel them and pop them in the freezer to use in this amazing banana bread!
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes 2 loaf.
· 2 cups gluten free all-purpose baking flour
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/4 tsp sea salt
· 4 organic eggs
· 5 medium mashed ripe bananas
· 1 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
· 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
· 1/3 cup melted coconut oil · 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1) Preheat oven to 350°F
2) Combine dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then mix everything together.
3) Pour the dough into greased pans.
4) Bake for about 45 minutes.
5) Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
6) Freeze second loaf if not eaten right away to avoid food waste.