Our cooking expert Sherry Strong introduced us to the Zoodle Maker recently, and BOY has it changed the game. There are so many dishes you can make with these zoodles. Hot, cold, pastas, salads, you name it, zoodles can do it.
The benefits of vegetable noodles are limitless. We all know raw fruit and vegetables are key to a healthy diet. Did you know that you can substitute any pasta dish with noodles, made of raw vegetables?! The trick is a Zoodle Maker to help you eat more raw foods that taste and look so good you won’t have a hard time doing it.
The Zoodle Maker can take raw vegetables including CARROTS, BEETS, RADISH, ZUCCHINI, CUCUMBER, APPLE, FENNEL, and all other firm vegetables and fruit and make them into flawless noodles.
ZUCCHINI NOODLE PAD THAI NOODLES
Courtesy of White On Rice Couple.
This flavourful, low carb, gluten free zucchini noodle pad thai will blow your mind.
2 c. bean sprouts
2 tbsp. Cilantro, fresh
2 tbsp. garlic, crushed
1 red pepper seeded and sliced thinly
3 green onions chopped
4 tsp. peanuts
2 zucchini, large
2 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. chili garlic sauce
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
4 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
1/2 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp or protein of your choice
- Make the sauce in a small bowl by combining the vinegar, fish sauce, ketchup, ketchup, cayenne pepper, and chili sauce.
- Use a zoodle maker to thinly slice the zucchini into noodles.
- Heat large pan and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and zucchini noodles. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In same pan (with water removed) add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and garlic. Then add shrimp and cook for about 3 mins.
- Add the peppers and green onions and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add the egg and stir until egg is cooked.
- Add zucchini noodles and sauce back into the pan. Cook for a few minutes. Stir in bean sprouts.
- Serve with peanuts, cilantro, and lime wedges! YUM :)